COVID-19 Testing Availability
March 17, 2020
The Florida Department of Health in Osceola County (FDOH-Osceola) is clarifying misinformation circulating on social media related to COVID-19 testing at the 1875 Fortune Road location.
FDOH-Osceola will facilitate testing if you are experiencing fever, cough or shortness of breath and meet any of the following criteria:
- Travel to or from a geographic area with widespread community transmission within the last 14 days.
- Traveled internationally or taken a cruise within the last 14 days.
- Close contact with a person with laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 (coronavirus) within the last 14 days.
- Persons 65 and older with chronic health conditions.
- Any immunocompromised person.
Those who meet criteria should contact their health care provider. The health care provider will work with the local County Health Department (CHD) to determine if they should be tested for COVID-19. If you do not have a health care provider, contact the local CHD. Please call ahead before visiting your health care provider or local CHD unless you are experiencing an emergency.
Additionally, FDOH-Osceola encourages everyone to:
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily.
For more information on COVID-19, please visit the Florida Department of Health’s dedicated COVID-19 webpage.
For any other questions related to COVID-19 in Florida, please contact the Department’s dedicated COVID-19 Call Center by calling 1 (866) 779-6121. The Call Center is available 24 hours a day. Inquiries may also be emailed to COVIDemail@example.com.