Body Piercing Inspection Program
The governing authority for this program is Florida Statute 381.0075 and Florida Administrative Code 64E-19 (41.73kb; pdf).
The Body Piercing Inspection Process Focuses On:
- Piercing procedure to assure that sterile conditions are kept throughout.
- Autoclave maintenance records to assure autoclave is functioning as designed and to make sure that piercing instruments and jewelry are kept sterile.
- Sanitation and safety to assure that septic tank is approved for commercial use (if applies), hand washing sinks are at proper location, and lighting is appropriate for piercing procedure.
- Biomedical waste disposal to assure compliance with statute and code to prevent spread of disease.
- Piercing records to assure that proper procedures are followed for the piercing of "minors". See Florida Statute 381.0075, section seven regarding piercing of minors.
Body Piercing Salon License
If you wish to open a Body Piercing Salon you must obtain an operational license. You can do this by:
- Apply for Body piercing salon license.
- Payment of fee.
- Successful completion of the salon opening and subsequent inspections.
- Proof of required training through the Department of Health Proof of Required Training