Swimming Pool Inspection Program
Inspections are conducted twice a year and entail, but are not limited to:
- Water Quality and Chemistry
- Pool Cleanliness and Safety Measures
- Proof of contract with Pool Service Technician or proof of Pool Operator Training
- Pool Maintenance Records
- Location and condition of bathroom facilities
If you wish to open a public swimming pool you will need an initial operating permit:
- Pool Opeating Permits Sequence (168 KB, PDF)
Proof of “required training” through the Department of Health. All persons employed to service the pool must have proof of the Public Pool Service Technician Certification/ Certified Pool Operator.
CDC Advice on Healthy Swimming (274.1kb; pdf)
CDC-Six "PLEAs" For Healthy Swimming
Pool and Spa forms are to the left in the Applications/Forms tab.